[RRgraphix] TL.rev stack screws up menus and doesn't put them back

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 14 13:52:34 EST 2005

Richmond,

You have the script set to (item 3 of screenRect)which is 1600/2=800
which is at the center of my screen. That is where the revMenuBar
gets put after running your script in "Tool Bars". This may work on
your screen due to your screen size but that won't work on other
screens. Also 40 is not where my menuBar is but rather 43.

The other item to RESTORE the revtoolBar is set to 800,500 which is
my screen center. That is not where it was before your stack loaded.

My screenRect is 0,0,1600,1000
My screenLoc is 800,500

My upper left screen corner (where my menu should be) is at 367,43

  It would be better BEFORE moving someone's menus to capture there
locations first then restore them on quitting and or in a button

on preOpenStack
global oldrevMenuBar, oldrevToolBar
put the loc of stack "revMenuBar" into oldrevMenuBar
put the loc of stack "revToolBar" into oldrevToolBar
end preOpenStack

on mouseUp
global oldrevMenuBar, oldrevToolBar
   -- put item 3 of the screenRect into WID
   -- put item 4 of the screenRect into HITE
   set the lockscreen to true
   -- move stack "revMenuBar" to (WID/2), 40
   -- move stack "revTools" to (WID/2), (HITE/2)
   set the loc of stack "revMenuBar" to oldrevMenuBar
   set the loc of stack "renToolBar" to oldrevToolBar
   set the lockscreen to false
  end mouseUp

Tom