Recent Development on the Use-LIst

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 13 22:12:27 EST 2005

Dan's earlier suggestion seem eminently simple

"OT:"

works for me... I can't deal with more than one mailing list.

Setting aside rancorous flames which need to be curtailed, sometimes
its very important for us to get outside the code and look at the big
picture. Especially if we are part of a team that must help make
important strategic long term decisions. We work on 3-year, six- year
planning cycles in our publications field. I find it really helpful
to "let fly" on "blue sky" discussion about where all this should be
going...

Why not here, if it is clean healthy exchange of insights?

if you just want to stay in the code trenches... filter "OT:" to the
trash or any thread that is irrelevant. Of course you should be using
a mail client that organizes by thread...

skts