What does this "Hint" mean?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:57:31 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Preston Shea <darkshadow1 at metrocast.net> wrote:
> I pasted the doMenu example from the documentation:
>
> on mouseUp
> do menuItem "New Card" of menu "Object"
> end mouseUp
>
> And this error results:
>
> Type Chunk: error in chunk expression
> Object Button 1
> Line do menuItem "New Card" of menu "Object"
> Hint (&Object Inspector
>
> Can anyone tell me what the "Hint" means and/or why this script doesn't work?

Hi Preston,

Here is an example of a script I use to activate a menu item through a script:
send "menuPick " & quote & "Stack Inspector" & quote to btn "Object"
of stack "revMenuBar"

However if you are just trying to make a new card, I suggest you use
"create card" instead as that will work even in a standalone where the
revMenubar will not be present and so cannot be used.

HTH,
Sarah