xcmds

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 14:19:52 EST 2005

on Sun, 11 Dec 2005
Mark Wieder wrote:

> Gary's book was the bible for developing XCMDs,
> but it won't help much for runrev external
> development these days

That's a real pity! :-(

> The interface to external libraries is entirely
> different. HC passed and returned a pointer to a
> structure of parameters; the runrev/MetaCard engine
> passes parameters as individual strings and
> returns a single parameter.

Well, my adventures in xcmd land are
about to begin... ;-)
i'll be asking for directions from time to time.

Hope to find time to write a log of my
adventures (sucess and mistakes)
in this speciality of RR/MC/DC programming.

First, i'll learn to get text and numbers
from variables and fields for processing
and return back to RR/MC/DC.

Mark, Could you direct me to references,
writings or advice about xcmd programming
in this platform?

Thanks in advance!

al

Visit my site: