List Splitting - Idea

Gordon Webster gwalias-rev at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 11:10:22 EST 2005

I for one would hate to see this list stripped of  its "Revolutionary" appeal by limiting it only to discussions of rev  users' technical problems. While such technical problems may be the  primary concern of this list, do they really have to be it's only  concern?

  Remember just last month for example - Dan started a discussion on the  disappearance of the application desktop ("The Disappearing Desktop -  It's Real This Time") which turned into a superb debate and "blue  skies" brainstorming session about the future of software that made us  all think.

  Can I get that kind of mind expanding fare on the RealBasic Users Lists?

  Not on your life.

  The eclectic vibe on this list also corresponds well with the rather  unusual nature of rev itself and it's all of you that make it happen  and help to make the whole rev experience something kind of organic and  out of the ordinary.

  On a practical note, I try to discriminate and routinely read the  technical stuff that relates more closely with my own problems,  skipping the rest because there aren't enough hours in a day (or  neurons in my skull) to absorb it all. If I need to, I consult the  archives when I wish to revisit stuff that I skipped the first time  around.

  IMNSHO, let the lively discussions stay - the world of software  development is already gray enough without stripping this vibrant list  of its color.

  Best

  Gordon

David Burgun <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:  A very sensible approach!

I second the suggestion.