Oh Christ... Image Name?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 01:52:22 EST 2005

On 12/12/05 9:50 PM, "Thomas McGrath III" <3mcgrath at adelphia.net> wrote:>
> I like the charToNum idea too. But doesn't the -- put the imageSource
> of char x of field "myfield" -- return blank if no imagesource is found?

 My quick thought was the idea that some text runs might contain invisible
chars and confuse the visible character count.  And since logically, if a
character is in a field, then it must have an ASCII value.  The imageSource
will become visible if it is not empty.  Therefore, every char in a field
will have an ASCII value, ...could be visible, ...and could also have an
imageSource.  Exactly which ASCII value hidden behind an imageSource would
not be evident without the chartonum() showing somewhere.

One very big advantage:  This could also lead to always making a high ASCII
char the one you would set to an imageSource, so let's choose "†"... now you
can operate on that character using Rev functions.

replace "†" with empty in fld storyline
--would delete all images
filter fld storyLine with "*†*"
--would keep only those lines having that character
get offset("†", fld storyLine) --locates the next character
get lineOffset("†", fld storyLine) --would locate the next line, and so you
could build a location list to all imageSource characters either SET or that
you WANT TO SET to an image.

Its all about management and control.  Precious little of that flows toward
me throughout the day :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas