Hidden Top layer objects "eat" the cursor

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Dec 12 22:56:31 EST 2005

mmm.. I have 2.6.1  and yes there are four groups of textual info and
yes there are no cursor issues there. if three are hidden, even if on
top of #4, the i-Beam appears.

I went through a painstaking layer test and it's very simple.

The main "background" image... which is a PNG file with a transparent
"hole" in it will not allow the I-beam cursor to appear anywhere in
the transparent area, if the vis of that image is on and the layer is
higher, on top of, the text field. Oddly though, you *can* drag and
select text...

Scott was right... if you hide the image, the i-beam will appear. but
in this case the vis of the png is on... I think I can solve this
with a little more precise layering, now that I understand it... if
not, I throw in the towel and will go for separate cards... not my
favorite dev strategy though...

Sivakatirswami