Button hilites

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 19:44:11 EST 2005

It appears to me that if a button has style 'push button', then when
hilited, its hilite color only shows up on the Mac and not the PC;
whereas if the style is 'square button', then you get the color on
both platforms. Can anyone else confirm this?

The RR docs has this on button styles:

> The style of a button is one of the following:
> 	* standard: the standard button for the current lookAndFeel setting
> 	* transparent: no border; name is displayed but background is
> transparent
> 	* opaque: background is the opaque backgroundColor of the button
> 	* rectangle: opaque rectangular or square button with a border
> 	* roundRect: opaque rectangular or square button with rounded corners
> 	* shadow: opaque rectangular or square button with a drop shadow
> 	* menu: a menu whose appearance is set by the menuMode property
> 	* checkbox: a checkbox option button
> 	* radioButton: a radio button

note that 'push' and 'square' aren't mentioned , even though they
both appear in the 'style' popup in the property inspector for a
button. Fairly obviously, 'square' is a synonym for 'rectangle' in
this context, but which one is 'push'?

I'm confused (again).

TIA

Graham