MVC (was Text database using custom properties)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Dec 12 13:42:45 EST 2005

Dave-

> I really would like to use MVC if I can because I am on the brink of a
> LARGE project that needs to last a long time and go through a lot of
> contortions by many different programmers over it's lifetime. We are a
> non-profit and I am "converting" an old FoxPro for DOS system that was
> started in the 80s (and still runs in a DOS window... on a 50 user
> network with some data access provided to 5 other offices across the state.

Interesting project. I started on a dbf library a while back to do
similar conversions. Luckily the syntax in the .prg files is fairly
similar to xtalk (verb, object, parameters) and there are relatively
straightforward mappings of functions. Plus the .dbf file format is
well-documented.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net