Why is Konfabulator 'Pretty?'

capellan (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Sun Dec 11 12:07:14 EST 2005

Marielle Lange wrote:

> Dreamcard is presented as something that "persons
> with lack of experience with other development environments"
> can come to grip with. Apparently, it doesn't work that well.
> Beginners often complain on this list or elswhere
> (see ,
> a mailing list for dreamcard users or beginners in general) about
> the fact that it is not that easy to get
> to grip with this new environment.

That's because this gap that you are noticing
was filled long time ago by a lot of HyperCard books.

In January i asked in this list:
WHY don't we ask to the 212 authors of HyperCard
books to update their books for this platform?...

and
WHY do not ask developers in this list to collaborate
in writing a book on RunRev?

Actually, some newbie developers find these HyperCard books very useful
to help them started with Transcript:

and many more...

even Dan Shafer, the first RunRev specific book author recommend them:

and guess what... These same HyperTalk books, are part of the bookshelf
of most Professional Developers in this list.
Even SuperCard developers use them...Interesting. Don't you think?

Scott Raney recommended to buy the XCMD's book written for
HyperCard...so

What's next?

Buy these books and adapt them to your needs.

i had buy this book written by Gary Bond about xcmd programming:

Just US$ 1.08 from Hippo Books.
i receive it next week. :-)

Want to buy this too:
Applied HyperCard: Developing and Marketing Superior Stackware
by Jerry Daniels, Mary Jane Mara

al
--
Sent from the Revolution - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Why-isn%27t-Rev-more-popular--t649860.html#a1892619