iTunes for windows

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 11 10:38:26 EST 2005

Hello to all of my wonderful friends here on the list.

I have a project that involves iTunes. I want to extract locally a
users playlists and song/podcast list from their computer and do some
things in Rev. I then want to put/import some content back into iTunes.

I figure I can use Applescript on the Mac but I don't know about
iTunes for Windows. Is anyone familiar with doing things like this on
Windows?

What are the options available? On the extraction side can I use an
output from iTunes? Is there an XML file etc.?

On the importing side is it acceptable to just ask the user to drop/
import a folder into iTunes from my output? Or is there a way to send
a command to iTunes to tell it to do the import?

I am just starting this project and any and all help or input is
greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,

Tom McGrath

Thomas J McGrath III