IDE inserting scripts was: [Can I do "show through" graphic regions...]

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Dec 10 21:55:51 EST 2005

On 12/10/05 6:00 PM, "Björnke von Gierke" <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> On Dec 10 2005, at 21:45, Ken Ray wrote:
>
>> Personally, I really dislike the fact that the IDE inserts *anything*
>> into
>> my scripts.
>
> I strongly disagree with that.

You disagree with the fact that *I* dislike the IDE inserting anything?
<just kidding>

;-)

> Hypercard did it, and for a good reason:
> It's extremely newbie friendly. Also 99% of my buttons have a mouseUp
> handler.

I totally agree, Bjornke... but as Jim mentioned, it would be best as a
preference so that when one is no longer a newbie, they can opt to turn it
off if they choose. And I, too, have a lot of buttons with a mouseup
handler.

I realized that my gripe is actually more fine-grain than whether or not
there's a script in the button... I think my problem is that if I open a
button's script, and then delete the mouseup handler, then close the script
and reopen it, the mouseup handler has been reinserted. If the IDE would
honor my choice to remove the script of the object and not reinsert the
handler, I would be satisfied. I think something like this would accommodate
newbites and die-hards alike...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/