Why did HyperCard wither away? [was: Re: Why is Konfabulator 'Pretty?']

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:35:26 EST 2005

Bill.....

Wow. Thanks for that wonderful stroll down memory lane. I remember being
shown a prototype of a Windows version of HC at Claris at some point. I
wonder if you were one of the folks in the room. i think Danny G and I were
in the same NDA briefing.

BTW, the HC evangelist at Apple, pre-Claris (I think his name was Bob
Fernandez; he was a former criminal defense attorney and a hell of a
scripter) had the idea of embedding HC and a TCP stack in the Mac ROM really
early. He was shouted down.