Using players to play mp3 files on Windows

Thomas von Fintel Thomas at vonfintel.org
Sat Dec 10 09:26:38 EST 2005

I have an educational stack that plays mp3 sound files. I inserted a
player and set the source property to the sound file. Everything is
fine on my Mac OS X and OS 9 computers, but on two different Windows
systems (XP with Windows Media Player installed and a "Virtual PC" with
W 98 and Quicktime 5) no player appears and two buttons scripted to
"start player …" and "stop player …" have no effect. (They work on the
Macs.)

I searched the list archive but couldn't find out what needs to be
changed. Is there a sample stack I could take apart? Or a tutorial?
I build the stack with RR 2.6.1 and use "Stack Runner 1.0.3" as stack
player.

Thomas