'sound is done' equivalent for videoclips?

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat Dec 10 07:08:32 EST 2005

is there a convenient 'done' property for videoclips?
I want to import my mp3 sound files as quicktime movieclips (thanks for the great suggestion by Marty Billingsley!)

I want to do something like this [but with videoclips]:
play audioclip whatever
wait until the sound is done

Also these files will be in a different stack from the script that calls them. So it seems my only way to make a script wait until a videoclip is finished is:

start using x stack
set the isPlaying of stack x to true
play video clip mp3_parading_as_movie.mov
put the ticks + 1000 into tmax
repeat
if not the isPlaying of stack x or the ticks > tmax then exit repeat
end repeat

[stack x will have a handler to catch 'playStopped']

This seems a little complicated--and that invites problems. Is there a more elegant solution?

thanks
tm