Filtering Columnar Data

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 9 23:17:54 EST 2005

Ahhhh, thanks for the insight, Richard.  The "repeat for each" form
of the loop control structure is faster than the filter command.  A
quick test showed that I can cut my time by about 150 milliseconds
per 800 lines of data.  Considering that I have some 4,000 files with
thousands of lines per file, it'll make a real difference.

	Greg Lypny

     Associate Professor of Finance
     John Molson School of Business
     Concordia University
     Montreal, Canada

Richard Gaskin responded concisely with the link below my original post: