Text database using custom properties

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 20:39:02 EST 2005

Brian,
 Your approach sounds good.
 We have been doing something similar.
  We started with HyperCard stacks with tens of thousands, and hundreds
of thousands, of records. Converting them to Rev stacks bloated them
significantly; 2 meg. HC stacks ballooned to almost 8 meg. Using a text
file for the data required less than 2 meg.
  Going to custom properties will (in our experience) increase speed of
access to the data 3 to 10 times. CPs will also help you avoid one
limit in Rev: lines in fields can not be more than approx. 65k
(normally not an issue, but a significant one when using lines to
display database records.
 Paul Looney