clickLine and field #

Mark Swindell mswindel at santacruz.k12.ca.us
Fri Dec 9 17:44:27 EST 2005

Fields are defined by both their name and their vertical position on
the card.  If you make 3 fields and name them, in the order of
creation, Bill, Joe and Sally, Bill will be field 1, Joe field 2, and
Sally field 3.  If you drag one on top of the other, Bill will be on
the bottom, Joe in the middle, and Sally on top.  If you send Sally to
the back (Object menu, Send to Back), she becomes field 1, Bill becomes
field 2, and Joe becomes field three.

When Rev tells you about fields, it does so by position number (field 3
of cd 1), not by name (field Sally of cd 1).  You can tell Rev about
your fields either by number or name  (select field 1, select field
"Sally").

Hope this makes sense.
Mark