Selecting text across multiple fields

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 9 14:13:52 EST 2005

Jonathan,

There is a request for some version of mouseDown to pass along its
message to the target it is over instead of hogging it all. Don't
waste your time with any of the mouse messages except mouseMove or
the way I do it:

On mouseDown
myMouseDown
end mouseDown

on myMouseDown
-- check if mouse is down and check over what
--act upon that
-- check f mouse is up and check over what
-- act upon that
send myMouseDown to me in 50 milliseconds
end myMouseDown

I really hope they give us a fix or alternative for this. I thought a
penDown would be better since it won't break mouseDown and would more
closely match how this is supposed to work in on a PDA (with a pen).

Vote for this enhancement.

Tom