Selecting text across multiple fields

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Dec 9 12:54:33 EST 2005

On 12/9/05 10:22 AM, "Lynch, Jonathan" <bnz2 at cdc.gov> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to select text with the mouse across
> multiple fields.
>
> The problem is that with the mousebutton down, messages only get sent to
> the starting field, not other fields that you move the mouse over.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to overcome that?

You need to a use mouseMove and then check to see if the mouseLoc is within
the rect of a specific field or object. You can't use the mouseControl
either for the same reason you mentioned. If you have a lot of objects,
you'll need to loop over them. Not pretty, but it works if you don't have a
large number of objects.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/