Windowshape image as mask for second image

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 9 01:03:16 EST 2005

I have this "concept" and I'm not really sure it can be implemented
in Rev... at least I haven't found a way:

1) Establish a border that is like a picture frame, that is feathered
on the outer edges... and the inside is transparent....

2) use this as a windowshape

3) next we want to place an image inside this "frame" such that the
frame serves as a mask to the second image which is underneath...
then we would want the image underneath to be set to move across very
slowly... but only appear on the inside of the frame.

Now, this doesn't work...

Saving the window frame as PNG with transparency on.. we get a lowly
frame, and I can see right three the middle to my desktop and also
the outer edges are feathered. Lovely: caveat: the inside of the
frame is also completely knocking on the entire interface!

any ideas... am I making sense?

I think I may need to redo that windowshape image so that it is solid
in the center and then put some other kind of images on top... like
another png image that serves as a clipping path for an image
underneath it... how do you do that?

Is it possible how to set the mask data or one image to the pixel
values of another image? If you do this... can you have the image
move around inside the mask (i.e. the mask is like a clipping path,
that is static, but the image can move around inside it under script
control) i.e. I

These are the kinds of things we hope will be easier in future
versions of Rev....I need to see example scripts or stacks as I'm not
able to, from the documentation, actually do anything....

Sivakatirswami