What Rev Needs -- Again (was "Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?")

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Dec 9 00:34:01 EST 2005

I agree with Marielle..

The product needs to be visible -- very visible -- at such edu biggies as
Edu-CAUSE (is it still there?), NECC, etc./whatever.  I'd be happy to do
what I could -- NECC is in my backyard next year (San Diego), but, being
an untenured faculty, I haven't the foggiest idea how to enter.  I need
help.

Rev needs to go to the educators, not the other way around (while
arguably, the other way around is a truism, I suspect it's not a viable
pipeline).  We've seen almost NOTHING from the company on the education
list.  That group (of people other than the subset of this list) is the
group which needs extensive hand-holding/communication with the company.

In the number of years since Rev acquired the MC engine, it seems clear
that we've not seen any widespread coming of Mohammed's to the mountain.

The mountain really does need to go to the Mohammeds.

Judy