Substacks and Information Windows

Adam friendlygeek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:35:26 EST 2005

Hi All:

Dressing up my application with useful information windows for the user
while the program processes information.  I do have a problem though...
I've create the information windows as substacks of the main stack and
when I call the stack with open and then show, the program seems to halt
what it was doing.  How can I bring up the window for display without
while letting the program continue?  I currently call the information
window stack before I call my main processing handler. (I'm sure that's
where the problem lies.) I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that by
calling the substack before I call my processing handler I effectively
turn over control to the substack, thus my processing handler won't fire
until control is returned.  I'm sure that's the issue, but I could be
wrong. ;)

TVKIA,
Adam