Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Thu Dec 8 18:24:55 EST 2005

Bill and Tom,

You may be interested to know that I have started doing something
vaguely along these lines in revolution. Rather than the konfab
approach, I have taken the mozilla one (konfab is a thing of the
past, the *new* thing is mozilla ;-) ). XUL is an xml specification
to define interface components. XBL or eXtensible Binding Language
allows you to attach behaviors to XUL's XML elements.

Used Together, you can define interface components that are
interchangeable between applications and even interchangeable between
different programming environments.

I will post more information soon (demo included). Hopefully next week.

> Yes, Tom, thanks for asking about this.
>
> A K. distribution is very simple:
>
> - a .widget file, which is exactly a .zip file,
>
> containing:
>
> - a folder of resources (images, sounds)
> - a .kon file, which is an XML file encapsulating attributes for
> the objects
> and JavaScript.

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist