Thank You All!

Adam friendlygeek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:32:04 EST 2005

Hi everyone:

I just wanted to say that the members of this list rock!

Put together all your suggestions and advice, and taking the cues to
look further on my own, I would like to report my first working Rev
application.  And it actually works!

I got around the problem of trying to work with the large recordsets by
using a bit of a hybrid solution; after I discovered the shell command
it was all groovy from there on.  Placed inside the on startup handler I
have "set the hideConsoleWindows to true" and in another handler when
I'm ready for it, I pass the field values to variables that I pass to
the parameters of my PHP script; which I call via the shell command.
Flawless.  I even have modal windows that popup while the program is
working it's magic on the data.

I have to admit that it's amazing, I have been looking for a simple
solution for my project for weeks.  In 3 days I've gone from download to
fully working app. :D

The key to the whole thing though is the shell command.  In Rev, the
shell command actually waits for the command to finish.  All my other
attempts to use something similar in other environments ended in
frustration as the program would never wait for the commands to finish.

Thank you Rev, thank you all!

You rock! ;)

Thanks very kindly.

Adam