All user created messages must be trapped?

Steven Fernandez stevenf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:42:50 EST 2005

This is probably a really basic transcript questions. I thought I read
that messages traverse the hierarchy and if not trapped were thrown
out. In the process of learning Transcript I have run into several
cases where a message is generated by my scripts but there is no trap
for that message and I end up getting a run time error. I through
messages did not have to have a trap or is this something that only
applies to certain system generated messages (mouseUp) comes to mind.

Thanks