Visual Programming, mTropolis, Chipwits and Revolution

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Thu Dec 8 13:51:53 EST 2005

Greg,

On iconic programming, we had a similar discussion on this list or
the education list about a year ago. There is a special forum for
this on the wiki website:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-forums.php>

It's a bit inactive, but if you post, you will probably get replies.

Also, I had posted a few projects to give ideas to educators or
inventive users.
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=RevolutionProjects>
You will find there a link to a page on chip wits
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=ProjectGamesChipWits>

I contacted the author to know if there was anyway to get the source.
As of today, I never got a reply.

You will also find there links to related projects (robotprog).

On another page of the wiki, you will find all information I have
come across on visual programming:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=TechniquesVisualProgramming>

Best,
Marielle

PS. Dec 4... I am getting there. Only about 40 digests to skim.

> Greg:
>
> Alice is good, but you are right that it is PC only.
>
> I think PC users can play a virtual game of ChipWits
> at
> http://www.virtualapple.com/chipwitsdisk.html
>
> RobotProg: program a virtual robot with a flowchart
> http://www.physicsbox.com/indexrobotprogen.html

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: mlange at blueyonder.co.uk, M.Lange at ed.ac.uk