Put something into URL returns no error

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 02:49:14 EST 2005

On 8 Dec 2005, at 07:20, Thomas McCarthy wrote:

> I'm updating a file on the web using a formula like this:
>
> put x into url ftp://name:pass@www.site.com/folder/the_file.txt
>
> It's working great. But when I tried it see what would happen if
> there was no internet connection--hoping there would be an error
> message-- the result was empty. How can we know if a "put" fails?

I see "invalid host address" in the result when I turn off the
internet connection, presumably as a result of a hostNameToAddress
lookup . If I change to a numerical IP address, I see "error can't
connect to host"

This was a quick check on Mac OS X. I'll check on Windows in a short
while.

Cheers
Dave