Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 7 15:55:55 EST 2005

On 12/7/05 2:18 PM, "Bill Marriott" <wjm at wjm.org> wrote:

> You are also correct that Rev *does* face unique challenges when designing a
> cross-platform development tool. It's very difficult to exactly support
> every little detail of an OS while still enabling you to easily "write once,
> deploy many." I suspect this is why the fonts on buttons don't match the
> Windows OS exactly (they need to use Arial because that font is on all
> systems), and why tabbed panels allow only one tier of tabs (they need to
> maintain compatibility with Mac OS X).

In fact I went back and forth with Scott Raney when OS X support was added
to MetaCard about the subtleties of the controls that just werent "right" -
he and I had several emails where I was helping him adjust a few pixels here
and there.

> p.s.: One little "nit" is that all of the items I mentioned in earlier posts
> (specifically "calendar popups, notification tray support") are definitely
> included with the current version of VBExpress.

Whoops! Sorry - I guess I was remembering VB 6; haven't had a chance to
review VB Express recently... going to do that now.. :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com