Stack Context/Scope Question

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Dec 7 15:27:11 EST 2005

Hi Ken,

As usual, you are right.
I forgot to mention the defaultStack feature that is so convenient
sometimes...
(to not have to write something like set the hilite of btn "I dont
know which..." of stack "which stack? I don't remember!" to the
uHilite of etc. :-)
Thanks for this needed addition.
With all this, Dave will get started :-)

Le 7 déc. 05 à 20:09, Ken Ray a écrit :

> On 12/7/05 6:56 AM, "Eric Chatonet"
> <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 2. "This" refers generally to to a card or a stack and refers to the
>> card or the stack that initiated the process.
>> Then if the current running handler was called from the current
>> stack, "this" will  refer to it but when called from another stack (a
>> substack for instance), "this" will refer to this another stack (the
>> substack).
>
> One thing to add is that that "this" always refers to the stack
> that is the
> defaultStack, and when you open other stacks, *they* become the
> defaultStack, so if you do this:
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the defaultStack to "Test"
>   put the short name of this stack  -- puts "Test"
>   set the defaultStack to "Another Test"
>   put the short name of this stack  -- puts "Another Test"
>   open stack "Third Test"
>   put the short name of this stack  -- puts "Third Test"
> end mouseUp

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.