Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Dec 7 13:52:18 EST 2005

Well Bill, sometimes you just need to dig a bit. While natively, RR
doesn't support many of the features, there are tools which do, and most
of them are free. Hope the following helps (see below)..

Bill Marriott wrote:
> Hi Jacqueline,
>
> You wrote,
>

>>>Rev cannot directly support even icons in menus, which has been around
>>>many years.
>>
>>Rev does support this. What you need to use are stack menus, rather than
>>the simple button menus which are the default.

Check out altMenuStack, a plugin for Rev I wrote which automates the
creation of menus with icons:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

>>>Consider draggable, dockable tool bars.

altBuddyStack shows how windows can 'snap' together:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm

>>>Hyperlinks in text.

altHTML plugin allows you to quickly set links for text:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

>>>Property grids.   Status strips.

altFldHeader give you the ability to allow your users to drag columns
left and right:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

and then the ability to edit any cell use altQuickTable:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm

>>>Web browser control.
>>
>>You can launch a web browser with a URL. Not sure what other control you
>>mean.

Ken Ray just offered up a great script for this in the MetaCard forum.
Perhaps he'll share it here? Also revGoURL will launch a browser and the
page.

> A "web browser control" is something like altBrowser, which is not included
> with Rev.
>
> Bill

Nope, but you can certainly purchase one from us!

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altBrowserCover/default.htm

best,

Chipp