Rev performance: help! (solved)

Jon Seymour jonseymour at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 10:23:54 EST 2005

Hi, I'd like to say thanks to Dave Cragg for helping me solve this
issue...and perhaps others might run into this too. My problem was
actually caused by having a button's filename property set to a URL
which was no longer available. Unfortunately there was no obvious
error message that arose from Rev's persistent efforts to load the
image, apparently using libURL. I will concur that it did appear to
me that the ulTickleMe's were arriving more than once a second during
the periods where the program was frozen the "hardest." Regardless,
once I removed the offending reference, Rev became itself again and I
breathed a big sigh of relief.

Thanks again to Dave for insisting that I must have had a libURL call
in there somewhere :)

Jon

Message: 15