revSetDatabaseDriverPath

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 00:29:27 EST 2005

--- David Anderson <anderson at avinc.com> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone know how to find out what the Database
> Driver Path is set
> to?
>
> I set the path like so.
> revSetDatabaseDriverPath the defaultFolder &
> "/Contents/MacOS/"
>
> And it doesn't work.  It acts like there are no
> drivers.  Seeing what
> the path is after setting it could give a clue.
>
> If any of you  have any other clues I would
> appreciate them too.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
> Dave Anderson

Hi Dave,

Under normal circumstances, you don't have to use this
command: when Rev builds a standalone, it inserts the
database driver files in a folder
"externals/database_drivers" -- and the revdb library
expects to find them in this relative position.
So far, I've only had to use this call in a particular
setup on a Windows CGI server.

If you check the contents of the application bundle,
you should see inside the "Contents/MacOS/" folder, a
folder "externals", which in turn contains the
mentioned "database_drivers" folder, as well as a
number of bundles. "revdb.bundle" needs to be in this
"externals" folder for the whole thing to work.
Now, inside the "database_drivers" folder, you should
see a series of bundles, one per database driver.

Usually, the Standalone builder does a pretty good job
of finding the libraries it needs to include in your
standalone. If one or more of your stacks is
password-protected, it can't take a peek at the
source, of course.
So you may have to manually select the inclusions in
the standalone settings, instead of relying on its
requirements detection scheme.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution