What Rev Needs -- Again (was "Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?")

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:44:10 EST 2005

 > As a matter of fact, since the accusations are hurling, flames are flying,
> and there's generally a lot of smoke and debris around, I'd like to take
> this opportunity throw some fuel on a different fire.  I'll try and put this
> as non-ageist as I can:
>
> Rev developers are too old.
>
> Many of us have been around the "development block" many times, some of us a
> lot more than others, and we wear this history like a badge of honor.  This
> honor is unquestionably well deserved, but it wasn't until a newer Rev
> community member came up to me during RevConWest and asked the following
> question that it hit me:
>
> "This conference is great, but where are all the young people?"

Good point, Scott. I know we have a few tertiary educators on this
list, but I would love to see Rev push into secondary schools. My
middle son (13) is starting a programming course next year and they
will be using Visual Basic. He has asked his teacher if he can use
Revolution instead, since he is already familiar with it. She is
agreeable, but I don't know if the school will be prepared to pay for
Rev when they already own VisualBasic.

Cheers,
Sarah