How does a scrollbar get a name?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Dec 6 18:38:01 EST 2005

Hi Graham,

An honest question.
The scrollbar is actually an object, just as a field is an object. The
field has a scrollbar, but it isn't referred to within Transcript at
all. If what you want to do is to set the scroll of a field's scrollbar,
then use:

set the vScroll of fld "fred" to 100 (or whatever pixel value you want).

you can also set horizontal field scrollbars similarly:

set the hScroll of fld "fred" to 100

Check out the scrollbar object to learn more about it. But, fields
aren't scrollbar objects, nor do they contain scrollbar objects.

best,

Chipp