How does a scrollbar get a name?

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 6 18:25:59 EST 2005

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but in the RR docs one sees
references to scrollbars, as in this example from the article on the
scrollbar object:

> set the style of scrollbar "Progress" to progress
> if the thumbPosition of scrollbar "Level" > 400 then doOverflow

This indicates that scrollbars have names: now, if I have a common or
garden scrolling field, say "myField", with an active scrollbar
(let's say a vertical one), what is its name? It doesn't seem to be
"myField", and I don't know how to refer to it or even see it in the
Object Inspector in the IDE. I ask because I want to do things like
scroll down to the end by scripting (which curiously enough I've
never done before) and it seems that the first step is addressing the
scrollbar.

Any advice gratefully received.

Even more dumbly, maybe someone can point me at a document which
explains how to make sure the last line of a scrolling field is
always visible (i.e. the thumb position is always at the bottom of
the scrollbar). I have a horrible feeling everyone knows this except me.

Graham