Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Dec 6 18:13:15 EST 2005

Bill-

> I simply tried to run it and got blank light grey panels where comics should
> be. I have not tried to pick it apart as to why. Only a few cosmetic
> adjustments:

You probably didn't save it to disk first, but tried to run it from
RAM. The cartoon image is saved to the same directory as the stack and
then displayed. For better or worse, that's the way it was written.

> - translucency/drop shadow window
> - custom window shape
> - moving preferences to a separate window
> - a little drop shadow
> - fancy gel-like animated buttons

Sounds nice. Perhaps you'd like to fiddle with the UI and post it? My
own UI ideas are pretty prosaic - having others improve them has both
improved my stacks and shown me better ways of displaying information.

> would make it indistinguishable from a K. widget. My assertion is that
> aggregating several stacks like this with an updated look-and-feel would
> improve people's perception of Revolution.

...and I agree.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net