Freezing when I edit field contents

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Tue Dec 6 14:10:46 EST 2005

When I edit field contents in stacks in 2.6.1 on my Macs RR
sometimes freezes and the only way I can get out of this is
a Force Quit - this can be a pain in the b*m as all the
edits after the last SAVE are lost.

NOW in the 'palmy days' of Hypercard, there was no need to
SAVE as this was done automatically - I understand the use
of being able to Save / Backtrack. But I have spotted one
or 2 other messages about Freezing so either RR nned to go
back to the HC save-as-we-go method, or stop the freeze.

Now, I'm a bit thick when it comes to the 0s and the 1s:
but isn't that something called "Memory Overflow"?

Of course I could have got the cuase of the freezing
completely wrong . . . anybody out there who wants to put
me straight is welcome.

sincerely, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html