Rev performance: help!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 6 03:40:11 EST 2005

I'll chime in on this one: I had a stack which was adding an item to
the pending message cue every 2 minutes... at the same time some user
action, which was frequent ( "Stop" and "Resume" a player object),
posted the same msg... after 10 minutes of running time, the stack
had 100 pending msgs! all the same thing... and each one of these
triggered another one to be added to the cue and run 60 seconds
later...(it was simply to calculate the current time of the movie and
show this on screen in a field) Yikes! and users were complaining
they could not even type any more... hit a key and the letter  would
not appear for 10 seconds.

As soon as I fixed that bug, the problem disappeared.