Need to search the web (was: An unsolicited message on my Rev address)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:35:35 EST 2005

 Eric,

But it's not *my* function: the main work is due to Jim Ault.
> Thanks to him :-)

Thanks for passing on Jim's function (and thanks to Jim).

I put the function to quick work, but unfortunately I ended up in a worse
situation:-(

I had the parsed data nicely presented in a list field so that I can even
click on the link line should I need to investigate further. There is so
much info that the field needs both vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

My script runs a repeat loop that reads each line of the log and 'answers'
if I want to 'Ignore' or 'More Info' or 'Keep'. If I 'More Info' it puts
Jim's function to work then nicely presents it in the list field. The script
then 'answers' again for 'Ignore' or 'Keep'.

The problem is that whilst the answer dialog is present I can't click on a
link or even scroll the field, yet I don't want to exit my repeat loop, so
that I can navigate the field, because I NEED an 'answer'. I thought it
might work if I put the field in it's own substack, or a completely seperate
stack, but it doesn't - or at least it doesn't in the IDE; I assume if they
were two seperate standalones the answer dialog wouldn't lock up both
stacks.

As it turns out I found another solution. I've set the systemWindow to true,
so now my stack remains on top of everything else. In the end I think this
is picking the right tool for the right job; my stack keeps track as it
progresses through the log whilst I use 'the clipboard' and my browser to do
all the Net searching.

So thanks anyway for broadening my Rev horizon.