Why isn't Rev more popular?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 6 00:18:36 EST 2005

Jerry Saperstein wrote:
> Unremarkably

...yet he goes on to remark:

> those who have been the quickest to flame me appear to
> be those with pecuniary interest of one sort or another in Revolution,
> whether as investors, developers of Revolution based tools or vendors of
> third-party products and services. Obviously such people are immediately
> threatened by any criticism of the source of some part of their cash flow.

Maybe it's not so deep.

Could it be simply that your post was rude?

Is that how you communicate with all of your vendors?

All anyone's asking for here is a little professionalism.  Dropping in
from lurkerland with your only post being a sweeping flamefest is not
likely to win friends and influence people, in any community.

Prove me wrong:  drop into any other forum and tell everyone there that
they're either misled or liars and that their products don't exist, and
let us know how that works out for you.

FWIW, I have a number of long-term clients with projects so substantial
that I don't expect taking on new clients for a very long time.  And
yes, I do make tools for Rev, but I give them away.  In short, I make no
money from helping scripters here.  I just like working with Rev, and if
my experience can help other people enjoy it more so much the better.

And don't bother playing violin about ad hominem attacks:  your first
post was insulting, your second one more so, and you still haven't
bothered to address your own central argument by defining what you mean
by "business apps".

This conversation can become productive and helpful as soon as you
choose it to be. I look forward to starting over tabla rasa and seeing
what we can do to help you ship your app.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal