"Save" on Linux, not on Mac, Win

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 5 21:32:42 EST 2005

Ken Ray wrote:

> If you want to avoid all the secure mode stuff, you can use StackRunner
> instead of DreamCard Player for Mac and Windows (sorry, I don't have a Linux
> version ready yet).
>
> More info at:
>
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/downloads/StackRunner.htm

I've been meaning to tell people (and you too, Ken, not that you aren't
"people") -- I recently shipped a client project with StackRunner. I
really like this little thing. Rev's Player doesn't include some crucial
dialog boxes and libraries, but StackRunner has all of them. The project
was for a private individual who didn't need a full app, we just needed
an engine to run his HyperCard ported stack. It worked great.

I recommend StackRunner for those times when you just want to ship
stacks. It is zero hassle -- you just send out StackRunner and your
stack in a single folder. Very easy.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com