Why isn't Rev more popular?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:22:21 EST 2005

> >> Or if wanted to add a timer constant running from when the application is
> >> launched.
> >
> > Timers work well.  You might givem 'em a try.
> > What do you want to do?
>
> Maybe I don't know how to use it, but for what I need it I don¹t see a way
> it should work. E.g. My app. Gets turned off probably ... I don't know when,
> very seldom.
> They are many meetings appointments, schedules that are entered and the
> system has to pop em out as the time goes whithout button pressing and at
> the same time that same app. Is being used heavy for other things memo's,
> invoicing,inventory and so on. My whole business runes on that one
> application. I thought to use separate stand alones for certain tasks but
> wouldn't do the trick.
>
> I'm big enough to admit if I'm wrong but it has to be proven to me first.

Well I think there is enough eveidence on this list to suggest that
what you are trying to do can be done, but we need more information
from you before we can "prove" it in your particular case.

Do you use "send .. in time" to trigger your timers? When I do this I
have a regular routine that checks if all the requisite timers are in
the pending messages queue and schedules them if not. This check
routine can be triggered by any number of things - mouseMove, resume,
resumeStack, openStack etc etc, as well as happening periodically.

I find that running in the IDE does sometimes cause messages to get
turned off, especially if there is a bug in the handler being called,
however in a standalone app, I have NEVER had any problems keeping
multiple timed events all happening when required.

Give us more information and I'm sure we will be able to help.

Sarah