Why isn't Rev more popular?

Hershel Fisch hershrev at realtorsgroup.us
Mon Dec 5 20:33:10 EST 2005

On 12/5/05 7:17 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

Hi, First of all I appreciate every body's comments, I definitely wasn't
trying to be some sort of nasty or ...

> Hershel Fisch wrote:
>> And then what's going to be,if a professional programmer can't even write a
>> simple print without the user should have to intervene to choose printers
>> and styles and and ....
>
> "Styles"?  What do you want to do?

Meaning, color or gray scale on color printers, print quality on inkjets;
best, normal or draft, orientation; portrait or landscape and so on.
Selecting a printer goes along because checks go to the metallic printer and
other things go elsewhere, ok.
I never saw in Quick Books or in M.Y.O.B. Or any other off shelf application
the necessity for these settings selections. For a custom program I also
sell my client the Brooklyn bridge. (I mean not the Brooklyn bridge, because
I bought it already LOL).

>> Or if wanted to add a timer constant running from when the application is
>> launched.
>
> Timers work well.  You might givem 'em a try.
> What do you want to do?

Maybe I don't know how to use it, but for what I need it I don¹t see a way
it should work. E.g. My app. Gets turned off probably ... I don't know when,
very seldom.
They are many meetings appointments, schedules that are entered and the
system has to pop em out as the time goes whithout button pressing and at
the same time that same app. Is being used heavy for other things memo's,
invoicing,inventory and so on. My whole business runes on that one
application. I thought to use separate stand alones for certain tasks but
wouldn't do the trick.

I'm big enough to admit if I'm wrong but it has to be proven to me first.
Thanks, Hershel Fisch