"Save" on Linux, not on Mac, Win

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Mon Dec 5 19:04:42 EST 2005

My first Rev app, being developed on Linux with Rev 2.2.1, saves and reads a
data file. On Windows XP, with Dreamcard Player running the stack, the
program goes through the motions of saving when called to, but nothing gets
saved. On Mac, with Player, the file gets saved, but can't be opened by the
program -- "answer file" dialog shows the file grayed out, and not
selectable. I use "ask file" to SaveAs originally, direct "open file" for
in-progress saves, and "answer file" to open or re-open the file.

I'll try using "*.txt" instead of my own extension, just in case. But in the
meantime, are there file access issues I have to tweak for each platform?
Are there filename extension or type conditions that come into play?

---- Jerry Muelver