Rev performance: help! (more info-libURL)

Jon Seymour jonseymour at mac.com
Mon Dec 5 18:12:45 EST 2005

Hello Dave and others,

I think it definitely has to do with libURL. I've been using a web
server at home along with a Rev "client" here at the office. Late
last week my home IP address changed, courtesy of my internet
provider. This caused what I thought would be temporary problems
connecting (until I'd changed all the references to the old IP
address). But it appears that somehow libURL is attempting to "clean
up" the old addresses and it is sending many messages such as
"tickleMe", "socketTimeout", and "cleanHTTP" that I suspect are
causing my slowdown. In fact, I even noticed a socket open (reported
with the opensockets function) that had the old IP address, even
though it's been completely removed from my scripts and fields. How
do I clean the slate with libURL?

Thanks, Jon

Message: 18