Why isn't Rev more popular?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:26:24 EST 2005

> And then what's going to be,if a professional programmer can't even write a
> simple print without the user should have to intervene to choose printers
> and styles and and ....
> Or if wanted to add a timer constant running from when the application is
> launched.
> Rev is good for games or so. Sorry.
>
> Rev is not at the state of being used for commercial business applications.

I would say the exact opposite :-)
I have several Rev apps in constant use as commercial business
applications, but I don't see that Rev has the in-built capabilities
to produce a modern looking game.

As regards the two problems you have encountered, while I agree that I
would love Rev to have the ability to store print settings and
implement them programmatically, there is no avoiding the initial task
of asking the user to select their printer and it's settings. There is
no way you can anticipate every printer in use and as many people are
connected to more than one printer (especially in a business
environment), you should not even assume that they want to use their
default printer.

As for a timer constant, what is the problem with that? I have one app
that has a large number of timed events that have to happen when
appropriate and then get re-scheduled. I never have any trouble with
this, so maybe you need to post your scripts and see if we can help
you sort that one out.

Regards,
Sarah