Adventures in Rotation

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 4 22:08:51 EST 2005

Bill Marriott wrote:

> Now I thought ... hey what about using a "graphic?" That is what Revolution
> calls objects created with its built-in tools for simple vector objects.
> I'll use one of those.
>
> Attempt 3: rotate a rectangle

<snip failures>

You need to set the points of the graphic. The most amazing things can
be done with graphics with this method. Geoff Canyon, of this list, made
a whole animated shoot-out game using a *single* graphic.

You really should go look up the clock threads in the archives. It's a
common project. Someone sent me a clock they made a couple of years ago
that was just gorgous, doing exactly what you describe. I can't share
it, as it isn't mine and it was a private exchange. If he's still on the
list, maybe he'll respond.

Look at some of these in the mean time, there are probably some pointers:

<http://search.gmane.org/?query=clock+script&group=gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com