Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Dec 4 19:58:01 EST 2005

Bill Marriott wrote:
> These are excellent recommendations.
>
> Of course, there is no audience out there waiting for a Revolution-based
> desktop clock. This whole exercise was to honestly answer the question posed
> originally (by Richard Gaskin I believe) related to why I thought it was
> hard to do stuff like this in Rev, and what does K. do to make it easy. I
> hope the question is answered.

Yes, as it relates to the very small subset of widgets/gadgets which
rely on the rotate command.

In my widget collection (fewer than two dozen, as I think Dahsboard is a
waste of Apple's resources), only one uses the rotate command.

In nearly a decade of making my living with the Rev engine, I've never
been unable to pay my rent because I couln't rotate an image more
gracefully.

Think of it visually:

#of things you can make in Rev:

# of things people make that work well as translucent single-window
novelties:

# of those widget/gadget-like things that rely on image rotation:

|.|

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal