Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Dec 4 19:34:43 EST 2005

These are excellent recommendations.

Of course, there is no audience out there waiting for a Revolution-based
desktop clock. This whole exercise was to honestly answer the question posed
originally (by Richard Gaskin I believe) related to why I thought it was
hard to do stuff like this in Rev, and what does K. do to make it easy. I
hope the question is answered.

While I will look at the archive for some other clock examples in Rev, I
don't know if I'm going to take this experiment much further. It's clear
that Rev isn't designed for this kind of thing (to put it charitably).

I have to say that Rev is awesome for the things I use it for -- processing
data that doesn't lend itself to spreadsheets or databases, creating
utilities I can distribute as EXEs, and applications that need to look like
Windows. Your gallery also proves that impressive visual feats can
DEFINITELY be accomplished with Rev.

But I do sincerely hope that Rev substantially advances the capabilities
regarding graphics handling (and other areas) so there is no question that
Rev is the ultimate multimedia authoring tool.

Bill

"Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote in
message news:BFB8C051.29016%scott at tactilemedia.com...